[PREVIEW] How do I change my password if I forget it or need to reset it?

Version 10

If you forget your password, you can reset it by verifying your identity using strong authentication. IdentityNow always requires strong authentication for password resets so your data remains secure.

NOTES:

• Resetting your IdentityNow password might also cause your network password, that is the password you use to sign in to your workstation, to be changed. Speak with your administrator for assistance.
    • You can also change your password from within the IdentityNow interface.
    • Your administrator might have configured your system to allow you to change your SailPoint password by changing your network password. Click here for more information.

Prerequisites:

• Complete IdentityNow registration, and provide phone numbers, email addresses, and security question answers as required.
    • If you will use a third-party authentication provider such as Duo, Symantec VIP, or RSA SecurID, enroll and set up your device according to instructions from you company's system administrator.
    • Set your preferences for strong authentication in IdentityNow by clicking Preferences in the drop-down menu under your user name.

Complete the following steps:

1. On the sign in page, click Sign In Help.

2. Click Reset Password.

3. When prompted, enter your username, and click Continue.

4. Select an available strong authentication method to verify your identity, and click Continue.

The options that are available depend on:

• How your system administrator configured your site.
    • Which phone numbers or emails are defined for you in the system.

NOTE:  If you are unable to receive a verification code, contact your system administrator for assistance.

5. After you successfully complete the verification method, you can enter a new password:

• Click the View icon at any time to see what you are typing into the field.
    • The password requirement list gives feedback on password policy compliance as you type.
    • Click Continue when you are finished.

Your password has been reset.

For more information, see: