You might need to change your IdentityNow password if your password is about to expire or if you think your account has been compromised.
You have the following options for changing your IdentityNow password:
- Click the Forgot your password? link on the Sign In page.
- In the Launchpad, under your name, select Update Password.
- If you do not see either of these options, speak to your system administrator for assistance.
- If your company uses password interception, you might be able to change your IdentityNow password at the same time you change your workstation or network password.
This document describes how to change your password from your account information. See How do I change my password if I forget it or need to reset it? for more information about that method.
Complete the following steps:
1. In your Launchpad, click the down caret (v) next to your name and select Update Password.
The window that is displayed depends on how your system is configured:
- In some cases, you'll only be updating your IdentityNow password.
- Often however, the IdentityNow password is linked with your directory or network password, which is also connected to a number of other apps. When this occurs, you can see the complete list of apps linked to your password.
NOTE: The product name that appears in the title of this window is customizable. It might appear as "IdentityNow" or something specific to your company.
2. In the first section of the page, click in the Updated Password field.
3. Type a new password.
4. Type the same password in Confirm Updated Password.
5. Click Update.
When you successfully change your IdentityNow password, you receive an email confirming that the password has been changed.
NOTE: This might also change the password you use to sign in to your workstation. Speak to your administrator for more information.
For more information, see: