You might need to change your IdentityNow password if your password is about to expire or if you think your account has been compromised.
If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it without signing in. See How do I change my password if I forget it or need to reset it?.
- If you do not see either of these options, speak to your system administrator for assistance.
- If your company uses password interception, you might be able to change your IdentityNow password at the same time you change your workstation or network password.
Complete the following steps:
1. Choose one of the following options:
- If you see the top-level Passwords link, click Passwords and click Update beside IdentityNow.
- If you don't see the Passwords link, click your name and choose Update Password.
- In some cases, you'll only be updating your IdentityNow password. Often however, the IdentityNow password is linked with your directory or network password, which is also connected to a number of other apps. When this occurs, you can see the complete list of apps linked to your password.
- The product name that appears in the title of this window is customizable. It might appear as "IdentityNow" or something specific to your company.
2. In the first section of the page, click in the Updated Password field.
3. Type a new password.
4. Type the same password in Confirm Updated Password.
5. Click Update.
When you successfully change your IdentityNow password, you receive an email confirming that the password has been changed.
NOTE: This might also change the password you use to sign in to your workstation. Speak to your administrator for more information.
For more information, see: