Symantec VIP is a third-party solution that provides strong authentication options for companies that need them. Your company will likely distribute Symantec VIP accounts separately from IdentityNow. Employees can then enroll and install the app on their devices.
If your company has provided you with a Symantec VIP account, you can use it in IdentityNow when you need to confirm your identity for strong authentication or password resets.
- Enroll in Symantec VIP using an account that was provided by your company.
- Install a Symantec VIP Access Credential on your device or devices.
- Optional: Set your preferences to one of the supported Symantec VIP authentication methods.
IdentityNow supports the following authentication methods in Symantec VIP:
Symantec VIP Security Code
- We support the the Symantec VIP Security Code method for strong authentication, password resets, and account unlocks.
- To authenticate, enter the security code found on your VIP Credential, such as your Symantec VIP Access mobile or desktop app.
Symantec VIP Push
- We support the Symantec VIP Push method for strong authentication.
- To authenticate, Symantec VIP Push sends a notification to your registered mobile device. To accept the push, tap Approve.