How do I add apps to my IdentityNow Launchpad?

Version 9

You can add apps to your IdentityNow Launchpad to use them as bookmarks, or to allow IdentityNow to sign you in automatically to those sites. Your Launchpad might be populated with a number of apps by default, which are usually provisioned by IT. You can add apps to your Launchpad from any desktop or mobile device.

In most cases, once you add an app, it appears immediately on your Launchpad and you can use it. However, you might notice that some apps say Request instead of Add. For more information on getting access to apps like this, see How do I request access to an app? within this document.

How do I add an app to my Launchpad?

You can add apps to your Launchpad from your desktop or mobile device.

Prerequisites

• Register with IdentityNow and sign in successfully at least once.

Complete the following steps

1. Sign in to IdentityNow and go to the Request Center.

On mobile devices, this will be in the drop-down list under your initials.

2. Find an app you want to add to your Launchpad and click Add.

NOTE: For more information about an app, hover your mouse over the Info icon.

3. Click Launchpad to return to your Launchpad.

4. Click each app to add your credential information when needed. If your organization uses the IdentityNow provisioning service, this might not be necessary.

add app to launchpad.png

How do I request access to an app?

If you want to add an app to your Launchpad that has a Request button instead of an Add button, you can use IdentityNow to request access to the app. This request must be approved before the app appears on your Launchpad and you can use it.

When you request an app, your request is reviewed by all reviewers assigned to this app by your administrator. All reviewers must approve the access before it's granted to you. You will receive an email when your request is approved or denied.

Prerequisites

• Register with IdentityNow and sign in successfully at least once.

Complete the following steps

1. Sign in to IdentityNow and go to the Request Center.

2. Find an app you want to request and click Request.

request app.png

3. Click Request beside the level of access that you want.

The Request button changes to Pending. All reviewers for this access profile must approve this access before it's added to your Launchpad.

You can see the access requests you've made by clicking the My Requests tab at the top of the Request Center.

4. Click outside the dialog box or click the Close button to leave the window.

You will receive an email when your access request is approved or denied. This might take several days.

5. When it appears on your Launchpad, click the app to add your credential information if needed.

If your request was denied, you can contact the person who denied the request for more information.

NOTE: In some cases, when your access request is approved, you might receive more than one app.

request access to app by access profile.png

For more information, see: