Using Event Triggers
IdentityNow has a set of event triggers that you can configure to connect to webhooks in third-party systems. Some triggers are available by default. You can request other triggers from a list.
- A familiarity with event triggers and webhooks
- Access to a third-party system with the ability to configure webhooks
Available Event Triggers
By default, you can subscribe to any triggers in the Available Event Triggers list.
Triggers in the Early Access Event Triggers list must be requested before they can be added to your site.
Event Trigger Details
By clicking each event trigger, you can see details about the trigger that you'll need to configure the webhook.
- Trigger Name - The name of the trigger in SailPoint's cloud services.
- Trigger ID - The unique ID of the trigger.
- Description - A description of what causes the trigger to fire, sometimes with additional information.
- Type - Whether the trigger is a Fire and Forget trigger or a Response Required trigger.
- Input Schema - The schema of the JSON blob IdentityNow sends to the webhook. You can also see an Example Input.
- Output Schema - The schema of the JSON blob IdentityNow expects to be returned from a webhook for Response Required triggers. You can also see an Example Output.
Subscribing to Event Triggers
You can subscribe to all event triggers using the API. Refer to the developer portal for more information. Follow the instructions below to subscribe the event triggers using the UI.IMPORTANT: Before subscribing to an event trigger, make sure you've configured the information the webhook needs to receive event triggers.
Complete the following steps:
1. From the Admin interface, select Event Triggers to display a list of available triggers.
3. Click the Subscribe button beside a trigger to subscribe to it.
NOTE: A Fire and Forget type trigger can have up to 50 subscriptions, and a Response Required trigger once.
4. Enter the following information for your subscription:
5. Click Save.
You can take several actions on the Subscriptions page.
Click the slider in the Enabled/Disabled column to change the status of the subscription.
Click the menu icon beside a subscription to do the following:
- Edit an existing subscription
- Delete that subscription
- View the Activity Log for that specific trigger
- Select Test Subscription to send a test of this trigger using mock data.
Click Activity Log in the left menu to see a complete list of activity for all subscriptions in your org.