cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dufph
Deckhand II

How to add an additional Isilon SPN/Access Zone as a new node in FAM

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has figured out how to do the following.

Our Isilon is connected to File Access Manager 8.3 it is connected via the true name of the Isilon using the system access zone. However we have a second access zone we would like to add as an additional node.

When adding the second node though the admin console all settings are the same with the access zone changed accordingly, with a regex exclusion to exclude all paths other than the one we want to crawl. When we run the crawl it is still trying to crawl the system access zone with the true name of the Isilon and not the second access zone / SPN and gives the following error "Failed - Collector unable to crawl shares because all available roots are excluded by scope or exclusion rules".

Thank you,

Phil

0 Kudos
4 Replies
suresh_duraisamy
Rigger II

Hi @dufph ,

Please check the required folders have been shared already. Ensure the requisites completed correctly (Isilon - Connector Guide) .

Error indicates that no resources available to crawl. 

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos
barbara_hodgkin
SailPoint Employee
SailPoint Employee

Hi @dufph,

It might be helpful, to understand the issue further, to look at the correlated log files.  If you are running the crawl with Engine only - look at the Permission Collection - {engine name} log files on the server hosting the associated Permission Collection service.  If you have collectors associated - you will want to go to each of the collectors and do the same.  You will want to match the time from the task details screen of the error to the log files - to ensure you are reviewing the correct error.

I also agree with Suresh, it may be helpful to go back through the Connector guide.  Generally this error refers to a configuration issue (the application is not configured properly in FAM), permissions issue (the user configured does not have the proper permissions granted to perform needed actions) or network issue (the connection is not able to be established).  The logs should help narrow this down.

Hope this helps.

If you are still running into issues, it may be best to open a support ticket including the log files collected.

0 Kudos
barbara_hodgkin
SailPoint Employee
SailPoint Employee

Also, in case you might need it: https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/File-Access-Manager-Wiki/Where-Are-the-Logs-and-What-Service-Rela... - here is a reference guide to help find log files.

0 Kudos
dufph
Deckhand II

I went through the documentation as our environment was created with a single access zone at the time so access zone was left blank per the documentation.

I modified our first isilon application and added in "System" for the access zone and added the cluster name and added the alias, then I created a new isilon application and added the second access zone and all the information. However on running the "Top level resource exclusion" on the new application to discover the resources it does not see the new access zone it still shows the system access zone resources. I have ran this on both with and without the "Use OneFS API" option and there is no difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

0 Kudos