cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager correlation

Manager correlation

Discovering a manager identity and correlating it with all of its repartee identities are two step process in IdentityIQ as follows.

1. Configure source of the "manager" identity attribute under Global Settings> Identity Mapping > Manager

The value which is supplied by the source for "manager" attribute must by the "name" attribute of the manager identity. The source mapping for manager can be just an HR application attribute mapping or can be a rule which returns the name of a manager identity.

This process helps IdentityIQ identify all the managers in IdentityIQ.

2. Configure Manager Correlation in HR application to link an identity to its manager.

Populating "manager" identity attribute alone does not link identity to its manager, for correlating manager to identity "Manager Correlation Configuration" is required.

The Manager Correlation can be done either by simply mapping HR application attribute (which has manager details like manager email, manager employee id) to identity attribute (like email of manager) or by writing a Manager Correlation rule.

Both the configuration are done on HR application.

Or

Identity Cube Refresh task is required after the configuration change to synchronise manager details.

Please feel free to provide your comments.

Labels (1)
Comments

We have used only the 2nd option, i.e. adding manager correlation in the application. and did not update the identity attribute.

It worked perfectly fine in dev environment but when we moved to prod, managers are discovered for few identities and for few it could not discover the manager.

what caused this inconsistent behavior?

Thanks in advance!

We tried everything but still, Manager correlation is not working. Could anyone please list down the possible root cause why it would not function 

Hi,

We do have similar configuration of manager correlation. I have an incident where it’s not populating manger on identity cube after joiner triggers. It’s happening for few managers, it’s working fine in lower environments when I moved to prod it’s failing. 

Thank you,

RJ

There could be an issue with Identity Mappings too sometime, so just try to delete the mappings from identity Mapping on which we need to perform correlation and Manager Mapping and configure it again.

We're finding that if a user's manager is changed outside of IIQ it isn't updated in IIQ until we run an Identity Cube Refresh. I would expect that it would occur during the aggregation with that outside application. Is this the expected behavior? If so, why?

Slight correction: running the Identity Cube Refresh task isn't what fixes the manager, exactly. Turning on the "Check active policies" option for any Identity Refresh type task will do the trick.

Is it possible to have both manager correlation under Correlation AND a manager correlation rule under Rules at the same time?

if anyone have manager Correlation rule, kindly post it. 

i am also facing manager correlation issue. 

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jun 23, 2023 12:21 PM
Updated by: