Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Minutes before object locks are released" configuration option

"Minutes before object locks are released" configuration option

Post Date: April 24, 2012
Posted By: Doug Bulkley

Question

Can you explain the following option listed in the System Setup->IdentityIQ Configuration page:

"Minutes before object locks are released"

Solution

This is the default number of minutes a persistent lock will be held. Persistent locks pertain to both Identity and Certification (>= 5.2) objects.

If this field is blank, the default is 5 minutes. If a zero is entered or any number greater than 120 minutes, the entry will be ignored and set to a max of 120 minutes.

Normally one should not need to set this option, as locks should be obtained when needed and released once Identity or Certifiation object locking is no longer necessary (i.e. edit and database commit of said object is completed).

Labels (3)
Comments

Is there any reason why a lock would persist for more than 5 minutes to deem it necessary to set the value to a lower value than 5 minutes?

I'm asking this because I notice that a lot of times, when I execute listLocks on the console, some of the identities have locks that have already expired for a couple of hours. I wonder if setting this value will fix this problem without us having to break the locks ourselves.

Same question.  I believe we do not refresh an identity for more than a minute.

Normally one should not need to set this option, as locks should be obtained when needed and released once Identity or Certifiation object locking is no longer necessary (i.e. edit and database commit of said object is completed).

Is there an option to not have this set? If we leave it null, will IIQ behave as described above?

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎Jul 18, 2023 12:10 AM
Updated by:

Contributors