cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: User groups

How to: User groups

Overview

User groups provide community members an opportunity to connect and engage with one another based on common interest, industry, and region.

Accessing the user groups directory

There are two different ways to access the user group directory.

The first way is by selecting the Community tab and then click on User groups under the Network section.

Tutorial Screenshot #1.png

The second way is by scrolling down the Compass homepage until you see the Join a user group link under the Explore the community section.

Tutorial Screenshot #2.png

Joining a user group

There are two types of user groups in the community which are open and closed. Open user groups are the most accessible and membership is available to all community members. Closed user groups are more private and can either be invite-only or require a registration such as the Admirals Club. In order to post in any user group, whether it may be open or closed, you must first become a member.

To join a user group, start by clicking on User groups located in the Community tab, find the group that you are interested in partaking in, and then select Join

Note: If you are joining a closed user group, a group administrator will review your request and will contact you for any further information.

Tutorial Screenshot #3.png

Setting up notifications for user groups

To enable this specific setting, start by clicking My settings in the drop-down menu of your avatar icon, select Notification Settings in the Subscriptions & Notifications tab, and then check mark the box below.

Tutorial Screenshot #4.png

Read How to: Bookmarking and subscribing to learn more about optimizing your community notification settings.

Viewing your user group subscriptions

There are two different ways to see all your user group subscriptions.

The first way is to select the Resources tab, click on My profile under the My resources section, and then scroll down your user profile until you see the My Groups Hubs header.

Tutorial Screenshot #3.png

The second way is to select My profile in the drop-down menu of your avatar icon and then scroll down your user profile until you see the My Groups Hubs header.

Tutorial Screenshot #6.png

Viewing another user’s group subscriptions

To view another community member's group subscriptions, select View Profile by clicking on their username and then scroll down their user profile until you see the My Groups Hubs header.

Tutorial Screenshot #7.png

User groups provide community members an opportunity to connect and engage with one another based on common interest, industry, and region.

Want to learn about how wikis work in the community? Check out the How to: Wikis article to find out more information.

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
19 of 19
Last update:
‎Feb 12, 2024 07:46 PM
Updated by:

Contributors