cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentityNow Transforms - Conditional

IdentityNow Transforms - Conditional

The transform documentation listed here is outdated and is nonger actively maintained. Please refer to https://developer.sailpoint.com/idn/docs/transforms for IdentityNow Transform documentation.

Labels (1)
Comments

Hey,

I've tried to test this transform out however whenever I try to mimic the last example, I get the below error message. I was wondering if you had any ideas why it would be failing. When I try with string values instead of using another transform it works properly.

"There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $UNSWGStaff"

Transform:

{
"attributes": {
"expression": "$name eq Bruce",
"positiveCondition": "$TNEStaff",
"negativeCondition": "$UNSWGStaff",
"name": {
"attributeName": "firstName",
"sourceName": "Campus"
},
"type": "accountAttribute"
},
"TNEStaff": {
"value": "TNE User"
},
"type": "static"
},
"UNSWGStaff": {
"value": "UNSWGStaff"
},
"type": "static"
}
},
"type": "conditional",
"id": "Test Conditional Transform"
}

Regards

Brendon

Try to wrap(nest) this in firstValid transform it might work..

Unfortunately that gave me a Null Pointer Exception error. I've contacted Hari externally to this and is checking on it.

Hi @brendonmurphy thanks for bringing this to our attention. It turns out there was a small bug in the order of evaluation logic on this transform; our engineering team will be sending out a fix to address this bug soon. I will try to update this thread as soon as I've confirmed that the fix is live.

Hey Hari,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear a resolution is on the way.

@hari_patel I am getting the same error :

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $userID

Is this issue fixed by engineering?

I am getting the same error :

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $job

#IdentityNow

@hari_patel I am also facing the same issue. Is there any resolution for this SailPoint bug?

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $cityName

#IdentityNow

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $<Myvariable>

Any idea how help?

#IdentityNow

@hari_patel @Karthikeyan1 @Oumaima @sharvari how did u guys resolve this?

@hari_patel , is this bug fixed? We are also seeing the same issue. 

@hrathod007 @Karthikeyan1 @pblatt @Oumaima , did anyone of you fixed this issue? is there any alternate approach for that? please let us know. it is kind of urgent thing. Appreciate the help.

Best Regards

Venkat

same here, any update?

Thanks all for your continued engagement on this transform. The original transform "order of operations" evaluation bug which was reported in December of 2020 was addressed by Engineering in early 2021. After that point, the transform should have been evaluating correctly. One aspect which I know has tripped up some users is that both operands within the expression must be valid values -- they cannot be null.

The `com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template` message being thrown is directly related to that null value edge case. I've updated the "Other Considerations" language at top to highlight this requirement, provided guidance towards a firstValid "wrapper" transform, and also updated both examples to demonstrate the firstValid usage.

I have the same error:

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $$PasswordRFC1

Transform:

{
  "attributes": {
    "expression""$EMPStatus eq Null",
    "positiveCondition""$PasswordRFC1",
    "negativeCondition""$PasswordRFC2"
   },

"PasswordRFC1": {
        "value""Price2022"
      },
      "type""static"
    },
    "PasswordRFC2": {
         "begin"0,
         "end"10
      },
      "type""substring"
    },

"type""conditional",
  "name""Password Conditional Test Transform"
}

Regards

Alex V.

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. rackingId: :id com.sailpoint.seaspray.template.TemplateException: Error rendering template: $FazNada

Any idea how help?

#IdentityNow

WHY ISN'T THIS RESOLVED?? It works in Sandbox, but not in production?

There was an exception while calculating the value for this attribute. Error rendering template: $EmpStatus eq Leaveofabsence

"isLOA": {
            "type": "conditional",
                "EmpStatus": {
                    "type": "replace",
                        "input": {
                            "type": "identityAttribute",
                                "name": "employmentStatus"
                            }
                        },