cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle HCM Cloud

Oracle HCM Cloud

The Oracle HCM Cloud connector provides read capability from Oracle Fusion HCM for "person" details when Oracle Fusion HCM is the HR data source for the organization.

Support Level: SailPoint Delivered

Connectors developed by SailPoint's Engineering team and supported under annual SailPoint support and maintenance. Reach out to SailPoint support for assistance.

Supported Use Cases

• Full Account Aggregation
  • Single Account Aggregation
  • Delta Aggregation 
  • Discover Schema

Supported Versions

• Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud 

Related Documentation

IdentityNow 

IdentityIQ

Contact Us

SailPoint Support

SailPoint Professional Services

Comments

Hello Deepesh,

What version of IdentityIQ will this connector be available in.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Zoran.

@deepesh_kumar , which version of IIQ will support this new connector?

Hi @subhajit03 : Please see this blog: https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/IdentityIQ-Forum/Oracle-HCM-Cloud-New-Connector-Re-write-for-Iden... 

You can connect with your CSM and we can mutually find a way to help out. 

Hi @deepesh_kumar , thanks for quick reply. I did went through the connector configurations document. We are using Oracle HCM and in that we have a use case to write back work_email through the connector only. Does this new connector support this write back functionality?

@subhajit03  Write back cannot be supported due to the restrictions put onto using the REST Workers API. 

Also we are in process of upgrading identityiq to latest version. So when is 8.3p4 and 8.2p6 coming out? We want to review documentation to prepare for upgrade.

Hi @deepesh_kumar, if writeback is not supported but customers that are using writeback with the current connector to be deprecated need this functionality, what is the suggestion in how to achieve this with the new connector? We're expecting the new connector to at least have the same functionality as the previous connector. Cheers.

Hi @dminnelli : we understand your concern very well. Unfortunately with the new design standards and guidelines of Oracle, this is not possible. To "write back" anything, we need to use Oracle's REST Worker's API, which Oracle doesn't want any customer / partner to use. 

You may want to reach out to your Oracle's counterpart to look for a way around. 

@deepesh_kumar ,

We are evaluating new connector for a future upgrade, so had few questions. previous connector used to support SCIM API based sub resource aggregation, such as Manager_Name, Department_Name, Business_Unit_Name. Now with new connector:

1. Does this attributes need to be exported as part of the Oracle HCM extract files? if not, can this connector aggregate these attributes via SCIM API? as I believe that is not restricted by Oracle. 

Also, for schemaToAttributeMapping,

1.  Does this need to be specified for all the attributes that we aggregated from file?

2.  Here, we are mentioning Atom feed attribute names, so will all the attribute having atom feed path be aggregated in Delta aggregation?

3.  How do we define schemaToAttributeMapping for the SCIM attributes we want to aggregate?

regards,

Subhajit

@subhajit03 : can you please use the support channel for these questions? 

I know the updated connector was first released for IdentityNow and was told Q1 for IdentityIQ. I see 8.2p6 was just released and includes it: "A new Oracle HCM Cloud Connector is now available to govern identities for Oracle Fusion HCM systems." We just upgraded to 8.4, and in the 8.4p1 release notes I see no mention of this. Is the new Oracle HCM Cloud Connector available for 8.4?

@farley_padron 

G'day, check the following link, where you will find the Documentation for Connectors and Integrations.

https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/IdentityIQ-Connectors/Supported-Connectors-for-IdentityIQ/ta-p/16...

It provides the Connector manuals for all Connectors that are available for that version.

I checked the 8.4p1 zip and it has a "SailPoint Oracle HCM Cloud Connector Guide.pdf".

This is a clear indication that it is included in IIQ 8.4p1. Hope that helps.

Thanks Zoran. Yes this connector has been around a while, but a new version was recently released, and I could be wrong but I don’t believe the updated version is in 8.4p1. It’s not noted in the release notes, while for 8.2p6 it is.

I just checked the 8.4p1 doc and it says "Important - This connector is scheduled for deprecation on December 31, 2023. Please refer to the new Oracle HCM Cloud connector guide for IdentityIQ"

Realized my confusion, was waiting for "Q1 2024" as that's when we were told the new connector would be released, and didn't realize it was included in 8.4 which released in September 2023.

No prob Farley, as a general practice all SailPoint Connectors for IIQ are included in the new IIQ release. So when IIQ 8.4 was released, all the latest Connectors would have been bundled with it, including Oracle HCM Cloud. Cheers.

Is the connector included in base licensing or is this a separate SKU?

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jun 28, 2023 12:36 AM
Updated by:

Contributors