Close AccessRequest using a Rule

Hi,

I’m trying to create a rule to close Access Requests(IdentityRequest) based on the Access Request number. I have attempted to close the AccessRequest by using the setExecutionStatus() and setCompletionStatus() methods, but the completion status and execution status does not change on the Access Request. Do I have to manually close all the existing work items in order for the access request to close? Also, is there a better way to close an access request and all associated items.

Hi  @JY

If you want the Access Request in Completed state.

All the approvals has to be done and all the provisioning / work items has to be completed.

Once these are done you will see the Access Request is verifying state.

To change from Verifying to Completed Perform Identity Request Maintenance task has to executed.

This will validate the provisioning process, Completed status is set only if the validation passes.

Check these post for more details,

https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/IdentityIQ-Wiki/What-does-Identity-Request-Execution-Status-quot-Verifying-quot/ta-p/72753

https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/IdentityIQ-Wiki/How-does-Perform-Identity-Request-Maintenance-PIRM-task-verify/ta-p/74007

https://community.sailpoint.com/t5/IdentityIQ-Wiki/Access-Request-State-Status/ta-p/82346

Hi  @Shandeep  thanks for replying. That’s what I feared. Is there an easy way to close all pending items related to an Access Request, or would we have to iterate through every WorkItem per Access Request and close them?

Currently I am tasked with an IdentityIQ environment with a disconnected ServiceNow App, and attempting to close a long list of old Access Requests which are still pending.

@JY  , Unfortunately its the only way as far as I’m aware. I have done the same for a RemedyForce application.

Keep in mind once the Workitems are completed. You need to set the IdentityRequest’s CompletionStatus & ExecutionStatus, And also IdentityRequestItem’s ApprovalState & ProvisioningState. To make everything look neat in UI.

Hi  @Shandeep

From your response after all the approvals completed, in the user profile we as a IIQ team can see those entitlements in user profile added but from the end user perspective access request still showing as verifying and it misleading them.

PIRM task is executing daily and it was successful 8 out 0f 10 times. Is there a way how to fix this issue related to access request status to completed after every approvals completed. 

Hello  @SRIDHAR60

Once after all approvals are completed, PIRM task verifies the provisioning by comparing each and every attribute with Identity profile and if everything is provisioned then it marks the request as Completed. But if there is any issues with provisioning then request will be in Verifying state for no of days (Configured in PIRM task) before marking the request as Incomplete.

Probably you should try running PIRM task more frequently to complete successful requests and also try modifying no of days for verification option to check how it’s behaving in you environment.

Thankyou  @Sarat0503  for the info.