FAM Upgrade Central Servers

Hello,

I’m preparing to upgrade 8.1 SP5 to 8.2 - 8.3.

From the documentation-

“The Server Installer must be upgraded on each of the File Access Manager central servers.”

Is there documentation somewhere that will tell me which of the servers are considered “Central Servers”?

All I’ve found so far is from the System Services Versions Report that there are 'Service Types", but none are called “Central”

They are -

  • Activity Monitor
  • Collector
  • Core Service
  • Engine

Thank you!

Hello Chris,

The server installer is the installer that handles nearly all FAM services besides Activity Monitors and Collectors (permissions and data classification). Those services have their own installers. Any machine hosting a FAM service besides those 3 types of services I mentioned would be on a machine that hosts a server installer. You’ll want to upgrade the server installer on all of those machines.

Thank you!  I always appreciate the great/quick replies y’all give in this forum!