JDBC driver jar file for MySQL database

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to download suitable JDBC driver jar file for MySQL database. When I try to download it from MySQL site, there are many options listed in dropdown (attached image jarfile.png). I tried to check our sailpoint-va linux version and it shows "“Flatcar container Linux by kinvolk” (attached image Linux version.png).
Could you please help me to download suitable jar file from the dropdown?


Linux version.png

In my sandbox, I used an older version of the “Platform Independent” JAR file: mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.zip and it works just fine.

Thanks  @paulo_urcid

But getting below error.

We have detected an error from the managed system.

Error Received:

[ InvalidConfigurationException ] [ Possible suggestions ] Verify that the driver details are correct/Missing required jar. [ Error details ] Error occurred before establishing the connection with Server. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : test configuration

You might be getting impacted by this issue: SailPoint Status - JDBC sources show missing .jar files In sandbox tenants which is currently affecting JDBC sources in non-production tenants. The issue causes the JAR JDBC driver files to appear as missing from the connector configurations.

@paulo_urcid  Still I’m receiving below error. I have attached query settings. Could you please confirm if everything id good?

We have detected an error from the managed system.

Error Received:

[ ConnectorException ] [ Error details ] The server encountered an unexpected error while contacting target system during test configuration operation. Please check the logs. Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

You need to replace <localhost> with the actual database host and also set the database name into the JDBC URL

Thanks  @paulo_urcid ! Seems like firewall settings is blocking mysql server to connect with VA

Error Received:

[ ConnectorException ] [ Error details ] The server encountered an unexpected error while contacting target system during test configuration operation. Please check the logs. null, message from server: “Host ‘bbwaplnsailp001.hq.bbwcorp.com’ is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server”

have you logged into the VA and done things like ping to test for connectivity from the VA to the source? might be that segment that is getting blocked

Hi  @jeff_warembourg  ,

I did ping test and I can see there is successful communication between VA server and host server. Here mysql server is hosted on my local machine which is windows. Not sure where the issue is. I have provided my query settings.

Query settings:
Account:
Username: root
password: *******
Databasr URL: jdbc:mysql://10.219.45.69/sailpoint;integratedSecurity=true;translate binary=true;prompt=false;thread used=false
Driver class: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

Test connection query:
select * from accounts

Account SQL query:
select * from accounts

Can someone please help me here?

Its the root account that is causing the issue while trying to connect. Created new user with all privileges that VA can connect. Below is the query

CREATE USER ‘username’@‘%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO ‘username’@‘%’ WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;