Question on Upgrade from 8.4 to 8.4SP3 - Client Installer location

We are planning on upgrading from 8.4 to 8.4SP3 and noticed in the ReadMe file -

5. Close the FAM Admin Client and Execute the provided ClientInstaller_x64.msi so it can get updated as well.

I’ve downloaded the SP3 files and do not see ClientInstaller_x64.msi within the zip file.  Where would this be found?

Thanks!

Yep. The docs are AWESOME. I did the SP3 update. I did the following.

1. run the sql commands in sql server management studio using an account with SA rights. PS, do not give the fam_user SA rights. It can wreak havoc until you remove SA rights.

2. Run the powershell script. It’t not explicit but you want to run this from the server that has the webUI. If it does not find the interface service (forgot the name) it will say it cannot find fam.

3. Load the wbxpackage in the admin client and kick off the upgrade.

4. close the admin client and reopen it. It will say there is a new version and you can upgrade it then.

I’ll also note that the upgrade broke the activity analytics service. And one of the dashboards in the UI. I had an error in the logs about a  missing row in the wpc_field_dictionary table. I used the following SQL to resolve the issue.

BEGIN TRAN;
SET IDENTITY_INSERT FAMDB.whiteops.wpc_field_dictionary ON;
INSERT INTO FAMDB.whiteops.wpc_field_dictionary (id,property_name,field_name,display_name,property_type_id,data_dictionary_id,description,table_columns,display,wh_question_id,field_group_id,is_profilable,privacy_masked,is_main_field,is_br,is_action,is_object_name,is_dc_behavioral_rule_related) VALUES
(20023,N’OriginalAccessPath’,N’Field24’,N’Original Access Path’,1,20,N’Original Access Path’,NULL,1,1,NULL,1,0,0,0,0,0,0);
SET IDENTITY_INSERT FAMDB.whiteops.wpc_field_dictionary OFF;
COMMIT TRAN;

Good response. I struggled with this, too. I didn’t run it from the system hosting the website at first and got stuck. All good now.

I used an SA account for the SQL stuff. I noticed our FAM_user has SA rights, though. I’m curious to know what problems to expect from that.

@DCF174  When I gave the fam user SA permissions, the default database view changed from famdb to a system db. Any queries that ran would state they could not find the table.