Welcome Post

Hi everyone, my name is Jazdeep Sarai and I’m a third-year computer security student at York University. I’m currently working at Equitable Bank as an IAM Analyst Intern for my second internship, who also paid for me to attend this conference. My first internship was at Mercedes-Benz Canada as a Software Engineer Intern on the CIAM team, which was the starting for my passion for IAM. I always knew I loved cyber security but now I know I want to focus on IAM as my first internship showed me how important this field is and how much this field is growing, also continue to grow.

Sadly, neither of my internships use(d) any Sailpoint products so I’m hoping learn about how companies use Sailpoint and how I can make myself standout!

Something fun about myself is that I’m turning 21 in November, yet I don’t know how to swim :), so I’m going to be taking adult classes soon.

Welcome to the community!

Welcome Jazdeep!!

There is a ton of demand for IAM jobs, and not enough people to do them. You’ve picked a good field to be in. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before you start working for / meeting other companies using SailPoint. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy early 21st birthday! It’s never too late to learn something new.

Hi, welcome to the Community!!! As a former collegiate swimmer, Im happy to hear you’ll be taking swimming lessons, how fun!!! Reach out with any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jazdeep,

Choosing to be in the IAM field is great choice especially due to the growing demand for it!

Happy early 21st birthday! I hope you enjoy it well. Swimming is a really fun sport! I’m sure you will learn how to in no time.

Whenever you have some spare time, I suggest checking out Compass’s community events, as well as the IdentityIQ and IdentityNow wiki boards. The events board lists upcoming webinars that you can watch on demand or register for as they become available. The wikis offer a wealth of information on various topics, including best practices for configuring connectors, forms, rules, and tasks. To get more familiar with Compass, don’t forget to visit the Community Tutorials (FAQ articles) board as well.

If you’re looking to earn SailPoint certifications, be sure to check out our tutorial, How to: Identity University. It provides comprehensive, step-by-step guidance on navigating Identity University and purchasing training courses.

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to send me a private message. Instructions for this can be found in our community guide, How to: Private messages.