cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we upgrade IdentityIQ, then upgrade its underlying infrastructure components, or vice versa?

Should we upgrade IdentityIQ, then upgrade its underlying infrastructure components, or vice versa?

Often new releases of IdentityIQ drop support for older versions of required infrastructure components, such as older versions of Java application servers (i.e., Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.) or databases (i.e., Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.). Thus, upgrading IdentityIQ would require upgrading these underlying platforms to the supported versions for the target IdentityIQ release. However, customers need to decide whether to upgrade the platform components (i.e., operating system, application server, JVM, database, etc.) prior to or after upgrading IdentityIQ itself.

In general, SailPoint does not have any specific guidance with respect to this decision. Whichever order is chosen, it is understood that the customer may temporarily be in a version mismatch scenario, such that the deployed version of IdentityIQ may not officially support one or more of the underlying platform components. It is recommended that such a state be short lived and ideally part of a near continuous upgrade motion that will ultimately result in the upgrade of both IdentityIQ server software and its underlying platform components. That said, the SailPoint Support team will generally continue to offer assistance during these upgrade motions, even during such a temporary version mismatch scenario.

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎Jun 23, 2023 03:16 AM
Updated by:

Contributors