cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a mandate to migrate our IdentityIQ solution to the cloud; what are our options?

We have a mandate to migrate our IdentityIQ solution to the cloud; what are our options?

To migrate an IdentityIQ solution to the cloud, there are two primary options:

1. Migrate the current implementation to SailPoint’s Identity Security Cloud (i.e., IdentityNow, etc.)
  2. Migrate the existing IdentityIQ deployment to cloud infrastructure (i.e., AWS, Azure, private cloud, etc.)

For the first option, SailPoint has a cloud migration program led by a dedicated team. As part of this program, the team will engage and evaluate the current solution to determine whether a migration from IdentityIQ to Identity Security Cloud is the right fit, with respect to effort and benefits.

For the second option, guidance is provided via the SailPoint Community with regards to migrating the deployment of IdentityIQ to AWS and Azure. In general, other deployment and performance guidance (such as hardware sizing), generally still applies to cloud deployments of IdentityIQ. Also, note that while some of these guides may seem dated at any given time (especially due to the ever-evolving nature of cloud infrastructure offerings), they are still relatively accurate and represent the primary guidance and considerations currently available. Finally, these guides collectively can be leveraged to migrate IdentityIQ deployments to private clouds, as well as other cloud infrastructure providers not explicitly covered (i.e., Google Cloud Platform, etc.).

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎Jun 29, 2023 12:58 PM
Updated by:

Contributors