Registering for SailPoint Training

Registering for SailPoint Training

How do I get an account on Identity University?

In 2021 SailPoint launched SailPoint Single Account for all customers, partners, prospects, and employees to access SailPoint’s websites.

This exciting new capability leverages our brand-new Ping One CIAM platform to enable our customers and partners to use a single user login (email and password) to sign into the following websites: 

• Compass Community
    • Identity University
    • Support Portal
    • Customer Ideas
    • Developer Portal
    • Developer Ideas

How do I pay for training?

You may pay for training using any one of the following methods.  Payment methods may not be combined in a single transaction.

1. Identity University accepts Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover and JCB for immediate enrollments.
  2. You can also pay with SailPoint Training Units. These are pre-paid cash accounts that many companies use to manage their training spend in Identity University. You may combine quantities from multiple training unit agreements to complete a single transaction.
  3. You may purchase SailPoint Training Units by purchase order if the amount is at least $5,000.00 (USD). We require a PDF version of a purchase order from your company to invoice. In most situations, we can provide your SailPoint Training Units within three business days following receipt of your purchase order. Please Contact Us if you wish to be invoiced by using a purchase order.

How can I find out what training will cost me without buying it, net of sales taxes?

This article applies only to new purchases of training courses completed via credit card.

First, SailPoint only collects sales taxes for transactions billed to business addresses in the USA.  We do not assess VAT on training purchases.

Second, collection of USA sales taxes is determined by an integrated payment system, using the address set in your Identity University user account preferences.

Third, if your organization is tax-exempt, authentication must be filed with SailPoint financial accounts administration to support this status.

Finally, for your selected training, you must add any coupons to adjust the net cost, and Identity University will apply any applicable discounts giving the total price.

Please Contact Us if you have additional questions.

What are some key differences between the instructor-led and the eLearning versions of the IdentityIQ Essentials course?

IdentityIQ Essentials is available in two formats: instructor-led, and self-paced eLearning.  Instructor-led classes may be delivered in-person or by virtual classroom.

The instructor-led classes provide for an interactive learning experience. You can ask questions of and discuss the materials with our knowledgeable instructors and the other students in your session. You have a choice of format for the virtual machine: a cloud hosted VM accessed via an internet browser or a downloadable VM which you can install in our organization’s virtual server infrastructure. The downloadable VM option is only provided in the instructor-led version.

The eLearning version provides some unique benefits, including videos with knowledge check questions that can be re-watched as desired during the 90-day access period, and a self-assessment test students can use for their personal learning benefit.

What are some key differences between the instructor-led and the eLearning versions of the IdentityNow Essentials course?

IdentityNow Essentials is available in two formats: instructor-led, and self-paced eLearning.  Instructor-led classes may be delivered in-person or by virtual classroom.

The instructor-led classes provide for an interactive learning experience, and a dedicated IdentityNow tenant and virtual environment dedicated to each learner. You can ask questions of and discuss the materials with our knowledgeable instructors and the other students in your session. The tenant is only provided in the instructor-led version.

The eLearning version provides some unique benefits, including interactive simulations and demonstrations of IdentityNow actions and activities, videos and knowledge check questions that can be re-watched as desired during the 90-day access period, and a self-assessment test students can use for their personal learning benefit.

How do I register for an instructor-led class?

Navigate our catalog on Identity University to find the class event best fitting your schedule. Choose the instructor-led class you want and click the "ENROLL" button to initiate the payment process. After a successful payment, your class enrollment will complete, or you will be placed onto our Wait List (see article below). Successful enrollments are confirmed by email from identityuniversity_no_reply@sailpoint.com.

What is the deadline for registering in an instructor-led class?

Registration closes one week before the class start date. Once the deadline has passed you will be unable to secure a seat in that class. Please check the schedule for future offerings.

If the instructor-led class I want is sold out, can I put myself on a waiting list?

Yes, you can add yourself to a waiting list for a particular class following the “ENROLL” process. If a seat comes free Identity University (identityuniversity_no_reply@sailpoint.com) will send you an email invitation to request your confirmation to accept the class seat.

You must respond to this invitation within 24 hours to confirm your seat in the class. 

If you are unable to respond within this period, the invitation will expire, and the opportunity will advance to the next person waiting.

Not every class will have a waiting list available.

Please Contact Us if you have additional questions.

How do I register for a self-paced eLearning course?

Choose the Course you want from Identity University and click on "Buy Now" to initiate the payment process. Following your completed payment, refunds are not available for eLearning courses.

How will I receive confirmation that I am enrolled?

You will receive an email from Identity University (identityuniversity_no_reply@sailpoint.com) that confirms your enrollment into eLearning and instructor-led classes.

You will also find your class listed in your Plan page on Identity University. After logging into Identity University, navigate to Me to view your Plan.

What is the policy on cancellations and refunds for instructor-led classes?

• If you cancel or reschedule your registration fifteen (15) or more calendar days before the scheduled class start date, SailPoint will assess no charge.
  • If you cancel or reschedule your registration eight (8) to fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the class start date, SailPoint will assess 50% of the class fee.
  • If you do not show up for the event or cancel in seven (7) or fewer calendar days prior to the class start date, SailPoint will assess 100% of the class fee.
  • Requests for transfers to future class dates are handled as cancellation plus enrollment. The above cancellation and refund schedule does apply.
  • You may cancel (drop) your registration within 48 hours of completing your purchase using Training Units.  No fee will be assessed.
  • Credit card purchases do not have a 48-hour grace period for cancellation without fee.

What is the policy on cancellations and refunds for self-paced (eLearning) courses?

Self-Paced courses are non-cancellable and non-refundable.

What does it mean to “Show Interest” in a course?

To “Show Interest” tells the SailPoint Education Services team that you are interested in seeing more events of this title appear on the public schedule.

What does it mean to “Launch” a course?

When you see the “Launch” button on a course, Identity University is telling you that the course is immediately available for you to begin.  No additional purchase steps are necessary.

Where can I find the Identity University Terms and Conditions of Use?

The Terms and Conditions of use are located here: Identity University Terms and Conditions 

This is always the most up to date version and is the version enforced in the event of any discrepancy found in on-line content.

How do I get proof of CPE credits for my CISSP after taking your training?

You will self-report the CPE credits to (ISC). The Proof of Completion you receive for any given course states the number of hours of instruction received. If requested SailPoint will confirm your attendance.

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎Mar 17, 2022 06:27 PM
Updated by:

Contributors