cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on task long run.zip

Alert on task long run.zip

Hi All,

Please find the below template for monitoring the task if it is running more than the threshold time. Basically these types of situations occur when there is loss of connection with the SailPoint database.

• Here I have developed a custom rule which will send email notification if the task is running more than threshold time
  • This rule used in Run Rule Task so, that we can schedule it periodically.
  • We have another custom in which we need to give the Task names and threshold time.

1. Custom file - Here we can update the task names and threshold time
  2. Rule - which will read the the task names in the custom object checks the task launched time and checks with the system time so, if the time exceeds what ever the time mentioned in the custom file this will trigger an mail notification to Support team to take an action
  3. Task Definition which can be scheduled according to our need

Please let me know if you need any thing.

BR,

Akhil

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Thanks for sharing this file it is very useful to track task status.

Hello, thanks we have been looking for something like this for a while.

However could you give and example for the Custom.xml:

I am thinking something like this,

<entry key="HR Run task" value="120"/> value would be mins?

Run Rule Task for Email Notifications.. do I Schedule this ? is there something I need to change in this xml?

I know I have lots of questions.  I didn't see any directions in the Zip file.

Thanks again.

Hi Wentz,

Q: I am thinking something like this,

<entry key="HR Run task" value="120"/> value would be mins?

A) Yes it is in mins you can give approximate time in minutes.

Q:Run Rule Task for Email Notifications.. do I Schedule this ? is there something I need to change in this xml?

A) Yes this Run Rule task, you can schedule this and you can change the email template to you standards.

Is there a way to use a workgroup for email distribution?  I see in the rule where you have an external email address set.

Hi Mike,

we can use that as well you can give work group DL in the rule

BR,

WW

Works great. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the solution. Its work for only single task if the task have multiple auto generation id (Example:)

Aditi26_0-1596567618204.png

Can you please help me solve this problem. Due to this task result comes with number ,monitoring task cant figure-out the task name. How come resolve this issue.

What parameters do you use for the Rule Config when setting up the scheduled task?

This didn't work for me after implementation. 

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jul 10, 2023 05:22 PM
Updated by: