cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy steps to upgrade IdentityQ 8.0 to 8.1

Easy steps to upgrade IdentityQ 8.0 to 8.1

Steps to upgrade IdentityQ 8.0 to 8.1

1. Download identityiq-8.1.zip from Compass.

2. Stop the IdentityIQ application.

3. Take a backup of the DB and jar the IdentityIQ installation directory.

4. Copy WEB-INF/classes/iiq.properties and log4j.properties to /tmp.

5. Delete all from /tomcat/webapps/identityiq directory. Unzip identityiq-8.1.zip and copy identityiq.war to /tomcat/webapps/identityiq. jar –xvf identityiq.war

Note: If you have SSB/SSD used in your environment for build, do the build the war file and copy paste the war file.

Reference for the Build procedure using SSD:

Quick Deployment/Patch Upgrade Procedure using SSD

Quick Deployment along with Patch and Accelerator Pack Procedure using SSD 

6. Copy /tmp/iiq.properties and log4j.properties to WEB-INF/classes.

7. Run upgrade DDL: log into mysql; source upgrade_identityiq_tables.mysql.

8. Launch the console (from WEB-INF/bin: ./iiq console). Import sp.init-custom.xml. (This reloads all upgraded managed XML objects.)

Note: If you face any error opening iiq console

C:\Tomcat\webapps\identityiq\WEB-INF\bin>iiq console -u spadmin -p admin

Setting iiq.hostname to xyy-console

Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.

2020-08-20T11:14:57,523  WARN main springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext:557 - Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'versionChecker' defined in class path resource [configBeans.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is sailpoint.api.DatabaseVersionException: System version 8.1-46 does not match database version 8.0-28

Execute this query --> update identityiq.spt_database_version set system_version = '8.1-46' where name = 'main';

9. Restart the application.

10. Perform all test cases (according to your test plan documents).

Comments

I'm in the middle of upgrading from 7.3p2 to 8.1p1 and I have to say this article is severely misleadingly simple.  Especially if you are using SSD/SSB.  when you build a war file, the application objects are outdated when you import sp.init-custom.xml.  The upgrade process upgrades objects in-place but when you built your war file from SSB, that uses your old xml artifacts without the upgraded config items.  

I'm literally working with SailPoint PS on our upgrade and have run into quite a few issues with the upgrade process.  for example, you fail to mention the new log4j2 requirements.  new .properties file syntax.  Also not even mentioned in the docs is that in log4j2, Logger.getLogger() has been deprecated and you have to now use LogManager.getLogger.  This requires a new import.  Oh, and the class path of log4j2 changed from org.apache.log4j to org.apache.logging.log4j.

Anyway, anyone reading this use caution upgrading and thinking everything will just work.  it won't!  do your due diligence. 

Any chance you have found what to do with the iiqintegration-OracleEBS-8.1p1.zip  ?  I can't find any instructions on what to do with the .sql procedures in the zip file.

Also, I would agree with the previous commentor.  We were upgrading to Java 11 with this upgrade from 8.  We landed at IIQ 8.0, applied the db update, and iiq upgrade.  Then got to 8.1, applied the db upgrade and we couldn't get into the console to run the iiq upgrade.  Spent a few days in support land trying to find something.  In the end, rolled Java back to 1.8u202 and IIQ console magically worked.  Completed the upgrade to 8.1p1 after that.

QQ - what would be process to incorporate the customization's in the OOTB LCM workflows?

If you are upgrading, you should not have to do anything.  Those workflows won't get overwritten unless you run the init-lcm.xml.  - But I'm an amateur - so let's see what the second opinion says.

Hi Can i get step by step process of ssd upgrade iiq8.1 to  iiq8.2

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎Mar 09, 2023 06:45 PM
Updated by: