cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifecycle manager (LCM) affinity search.docx

Lifecycle manager (LCM) affinity search.docx

Guidance for the Affinity Search features and options available during Lifecycle Manager enabled Access Request interactions.

Attachments
Comments

Hi Tim,

I'm looking at this (great doc), and trying this out in 7.1 in a test region.. What's odd is that I believe I have all the right options based on the user doc and your checked but I don't seem to get any results in the dropdowns for Find Users Access or Filter Population options. Just curious if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Hello,

This is a great documentation.

I have a requirement where i want to set search by population as a default filter. Can this be done?

Like when I select a user and go to Manage Access.

search By population and then department should be default applied as a filter.

Thanks,

Aakanksha

In Lifecycle Manager configuration settings, check that you have enabled related options:

Enable Full Text Search, consider using automatic refresh with a refresh interval set (Alternate: run Task named Full Text Index Refresh)

Enable Searching by Population

Enable Searching by Identity

Aakanksha, this is a challenging requirement!  I did some research into this, but it goes beyond my current skills in xhtml/javascript/angular.  Here's a directly you can pursue.  Look at the AccessRequestAppBundle.js and find the line below.  I believe this is where the control is being set for the menu selection (Filter Population) page display.

("SEARCH_TYPE_KEYWORD","Keyword"),ha.constant("SEARCH_TYPE_POPULATION","Population"),ha.constant

aIn the addAccess.xhtml file you will find this content, which appears to use the controls fed from above.  Somewhere in these area your requirement to force this menu selection as the default will need to be set.

<span class="input-group-btn hidden-xs" ng-if="itemsCtrl.isIdentitySearchAllowed() || itemsCtrl.isPopulationSearchAllowed()">
        <sp-access-request-search-type-button sp-controller="itemsCtrl" sp-button-id="accessSearchTypeButtonKeyword" sp-button-class="btn btn-white"></sp-access-request-search-type-button>
      </span>

You might consider taking this question to Compass to get a bigger audience involved if you are not able to solve it yourself.  I would encourage you to post your solution here once solved.

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎Aug 03, 2023 01:12 AM
Updated by: