cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-threaded application deletion

Multi-threaded application deletion

Overview

At times it may be necessary to delete an application from IdentityIQ. This can be done by running the iiq console command:

delete Application "<application name>"

However, in cases where the application has been in use and has many associated objects, this can be a time consuming process for a couple reasons. First, the Terminator process is single threaded in iiq console. Second, when an object is deleted, any dependent objects must also deleted. In the case of an Application, related Links, ManagedAttributes, and such are cleaned up by the Terminator before it takes care of the Application. This can involve many database transactions, which can take more time than can be spared during a maintenance period.

To address this issue, we developed a rule to allow for multi-threaded application deletion. It is attached here.

We wanted this process to be deliberate, due to the potential impact it may have, so editing of the rule is required, as well as running it from IIQConsole.

Instructions

Note: As for any code change, test the execution in non-production environments before using it in production.

1. Unzip the rule to a location that allows for editing of the file.

2. Edit lines #49-#60 to specify application names for the applications that will be deleted.

3. Save the modified rule and import it into IdentityIQ

4. Run the rule in iiq console with the following command:

rule "Multithreaded Delete Apps"

Update:

2017-01-31 - Remove the direct deletion of EntitlementGroups.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Rule working with smaller application like which contains below 10 Lac records.

In case, if application contains 450 Lac records and it is taking 2 to 3 days.

How can i improve performance interns of bigger application which needs to be deleted within 2 hours.  

Does this rule work in Debug page --> Run Rule option?

I have executed this rule in my lower environment but did not work. Does it work with multiplexed applications

Any suggestion to delete Bundle object in same rule .. Currently its not working with same query options.

Hi Team,

I am using the same custom rule to delete an application from the environment. It's running successfully but unable to delete 3 account objects.

It's throwing the below exception - 

Even if I am trying to delete the object from the console, it's throwing the same exception.

Any idea on how to resolve the issue 

2022-11-16T13:10:25,978  WARN https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-10 engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper:137 - SQL Error: 8152, SQLState: 22001
2022-11-16T13:10:25,979 ERROR https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-10 engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper:142 - String or binary data would be truncated.
2022-11-16T13:10:25,981 ERROR https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-10 rest.ui.jaxrs.GeneralExceptionMapper:29 - Uncaught JAX-RS exception.
sailpoint.tools.GeneralException: org.hibernate.exception.DataException: could not execute statement

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jul 24, 2023 04:22 PM
Updated by:

Contributors