cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule-Multithreaded-Delete-Apps-In-Batch.xml

Rule-Multithreaded-Delete-Apps-In-Batch.xml

This file builds on the excellent original that jason.slavick posted in the article Multi-threaded application deletion.

IIQ console ran out of heap space when I ran the original. It would try to load all of the objects of a given type into a queue, then terminate all of those objects. The queue became too large for IIQ console's heap allotment, and IIQ console would crash.

This revised version limits the size of the queue to a specified batch size. When the queue grows to the specified batch size, the code terminates the objects in the current batch. It then retrieves more objects to add to the queue. The same amount and kind of work is done in the revised version as in the original, it is just done in batches that limit how large the queue can grow at any given point.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi,

Rule-Multithreaded-Delete-Apps-In-Batch  Rule is taking longer time when i try to delete bigger application contains 200k accounts.

Can anyone please help me to enhance the above rule to support delete bigger application.

Thanks

Hello this version does work for me in 8.1 where the version from 2014 Multi-threaded Application Deletion - Compass (sailpoint.com) does not but it still has some issues. It does not work at all with the varible  debugMode  set to true this does default to False.

boolean debugMode = false;

In the 2014 version linked about  with would simulate the removal but not actually do it but if you set it to true in this version it will get stuck in an infinite loop and eventually cause Java Heap errors.

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Aug 02, 2023 08:48 PM
Updated by:

Contributors