cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning debug menu on permanently

Turning debug menu on permanently

Often, during development, you will spend a lot of time in the Debug pages.

In order to enable this menu, use the following java option when starting your app server JVM:

# Support putting the Debug page on the main screen:

JAVA_OPTS="-Dsailpoint.debugPages=true $JAVA_OPTS"

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi Chris Hajdu.

Thanks for this hint - that's great.

Just one more question: Does this enable the full blown debug menu for anyone independent of the user's rights?

Thanks,

Daniel

The menu shows up for everyone, but what you can do is tied to your user type. I just turned it on and spadmin saw everything, but another user only saw "Call Timings and Connections".

Hi Chris,

Can you please suggest me how to restrict debug page to show one user.

Hi Chris,

Where exactly I need to add this line, could you please guide me...

You want to place this in your startup script for your app server. Typically you want this to go into your JAVA_OPTS before you statup the app server.

I'm running tomcat and put this in my catalina.sh startup file.

Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, and Websphere all support setting JAVA_OPTS.

In my catalina.sh file, I have these following lines prior to starting up the server:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms768m -Xmx1024m"

JAVA_OPTS="-Dsailpoint.debugPages=true $JAVA_OPTS"

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response, It worked for me...

For anyone using Windows, this can also be done using the Tomcat Configuration Tool from the Start Menu. Add the line to the Java Options on the Java tab, apply and restart your app server.

Hi Chris,

I observed one strange thing, Initially, when I added above lines in my catalina.sh file, debug menu showed up in UI, but later when I checked couple of days later in my sandbox, I don't see any debug menu but still, code exists in the same catalina.sh file.

Make sure you are starting it the same way each time. You want to pull in the debug startup properties each time.

Hi,

If the user have out of box 'catalina.sh' then where should those lines be added? Can you give the line(starting the server) details above which we have to place those JAVA_OPTS?

Thanks

Sahil

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jul 31, 2023 06:36 PM
Updated by: