There are many different options available when changing your preferences. This guide provides in-depth information on how to adjust your preferences from your display settings to your private messenger options.
1. Begin by clicking My settings in the drop-down menu of your avatar located in the upper-right corner.
2. Select the Preferences tab, click Preference Options, and then choose which preferences settings you would like to adjust.
Start by clicking Preference Options, select on the Time zone drop-down menu, and then choose the time zone that is most applicable to you.
Begin by selecting Preference Options, click on the Language drop-down menu, and then choose the language that is most applicable to you.
1. Start by selecting Display in the Preferences drop-down menu.
2. Click on the Date display format text box and type in the format you would like to see.
Note: Months are represented by the phrase "MMM," days are shown as "dd," and year is displayed as "yyyy."
1. Begin by clicking General in the Preferences drop-down menu.
2. Select from one of the three options in the Sort topics by settings section.
1. Start by clicking Privacy in the Preferences drop-down menu.
2. To change who can see your your private information in your profile, select from one of the four options in the Show Private information to settings section.
3. To change who can see your email address, select from one of the four options in the Show email address to settings section.
4. To change who can see your online status, select from one of the four options in the Show online status to settings section.
1. Begin by clicking Private Messenger in the Preferences drop-down menu.
2. If you would like to turn on private messages or receive email notifications for new private messages, please check mark the prospective check box.
The Preferences page gives community members the ability to quickly access a variety of different settings they wish to change.
Want to learn more about uploading images and changing your avatar? Read the How to: Manage images and avatars article.