cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting exported XML created from checkout command executed on IIQ console into separate objects

Splitting exported XML created from checkout command executed on IIQ console into separate objects

Steps to follow:

---------------------------------

1. Unzip the file SplitXml-1.1-updated.zip and Change directories into the SplitXml_1.1 directory.

2. Run the ExportScript.txt on iiq console attached in zip file using - "source ExportScript.txt"  command.

3. The above command will create the exports folder and copies specific class objects into single xml files per class. Use the same file naming convention (Ex: CurrentApplicationExported.xml for Application objects) as this script assumes the same name.

4. Then execute the jar file with an input argument pointing to the exports folder.

D:\SplitXml-1.1-updated\SplitXml-1.1\SplitXml-1.1>java -jar CreateFoldersAndSplitXmlObjects.jar "D:/exports/"

where D:/exports/ is the directory in which the exports folder is placed as mentioned in step 3.

5. The script will take few mins depending upon the objects in your environment and then places all the files into Output Folder which is created in the current directory.

Regards,

Srikanth Asoorimaringanti.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments

Didn't worked. Output folder was created with no files in it.

Is exports folder created properly ?

yes, exports folder has all the xmls and i was able to split them using pearl script but not the Java utility provided.

Regards,

Mian

I have the same issue. I was attempting this because the perl script fails on line with a single quote it doesn't split all items out.

Over time, several solutions have been created for this issue and shared in various places here on Compass, mostly by community members who have solved this issue for themselves and shared their solutions.  I've collected links to many of the choices so you can try them out. 

IdentityIQ Object Exporter v3.1 (part of the SSD and probably your best choice)

Splitting Exported XML into Separate Objects (Perl)

Hope that helps!

Trying the jar file as specified in one of the options I received this error.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at CreateFoldersAndSplitXmlObjects.readXmlFiles(CreateFoldersAndSplitXmlObjects.java:45)

at CreateFoldersAndSplitXmlObjects.main(CreateFoldersAndSplitXmlObjects.java:14)

I believe as far as any have gotten me is creating the folders with exception of the original which is failing on items with single quotes. I end up with a partial export. I will keep at it.

Thanks.

I'm testing but changing the \w to [a-zA-Z0-9'_] appears to fix this.

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎Jul 26, 2023 05:29 PM
Updated by:

Contributors