cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentityNow Transforms - First Valid

IdentityNow Transforms - First Valid

The transform documentation listed here is outdated and is nonger actively maintained. Please refer to https://developer.sailpoint.com/idn/docs/transforms for IdentityNow Transform documentation.

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi,

I have a requirement to populate manager based on data from two different source. To illustrate, in source 1 i have one field as managerid  and source 2 i have one field as manager.. If managerid in source 1 is null then whatever value is coming from source 2 that should be populated for manager. I used FirstValid transform for this however i am unable to achieve the required result. It is always taking value from source 1 even though it is NULL.

Sample Transform:

{
"attributes": {
"values": [
{
"sourceName": "EmployeeDemo",
"attributeName": "managerid"
},
"type": "accountAttribute"
},
{
"sourceName": "TransportDemo",
"attributeName": "Manager"
},
"type": "accountAttribute"
}
]
},
"type": "firstValid",
"id": "EmpDemo Manager Transform"
}

Sample Data:

EmployeeDemo:

EmployeeId,FirstName,LastName,Email,Status,PhoneNumber,Access,LifeCycleState,managerid,CompletedTraining
123,Reshu,Pratap,reshu.pratap@test.com,A,83434583045,Teams,active,123,001 002 321,Srimathi,Raman,srimathi.raman@test.com,A,23740240340,Skype,active,,002

TransportDemo:

EmployeeId,Address,VehichleNo,EmergencyContactNo,Manager
123,Kolkata,AG23445,54456676787,123
321,Chennai,CSK343454,3456754345,123

In above example for id 321, i am not passing managerid value. So my expectation is Manager value from TransportDemo should be returned as output since managerid is blank or null.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Reshu

Resolve the Manager id variable from both of the sources and then make a conditional expression to check NULL and return the result with positive condition or negative condition to build a conditional transform.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a transform. The identity has two managers. Both of them are identity attributes. One of them is called "Manager Overseas" and the other is "Manager in house". I am trying to get the identity's overseas Manager and then bring in the ID(identity attribute) of the overseas manager.

Example: 

User: John Smith

User's manager overseas (identity attribute): Bella Bee

User's Manager in house (Identity attribute): Rose Shime

Bella Bee's ID (Identity attribute): 00512321

User's overseas manager ID : 00512321 (Desired outcome for user's new Identity attribute)

So far I have tried this below and it is not working. Any suggestions would really help! Thank you!!

{
    "ignoreErrors": "true",
    "values": [
      {
          "value": "$identity.overseasmanager.attributes.Id"
        },
        "type": "static"
      },
      ""
    ]