How To: Bookmarking and Subscribing

How To: Bookmarking and Subscribing

Keep track of your favorite places in the community with bookmarks and subscriptions.

Bookmarks

Save your favorite content by bookmarking it. To bookmark something, start by visiting the item that you want to save, click on the Options menu and then click Bookmark.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 8.36.57 AM.png

The option changes to Remove from My Bookmarks if the item is already bookmarked by you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.00.08 PM.png

Viewing All Bookmarks

There are two ways to view your bookmarks. The first option is to click on the Resources tab and then click Bookmarks located in the My Resources column.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 8.38.29 AM.png

The second option is to click your avatar in the upper right hand corner and then go to My bookmarks. Both options will allow you to view all the bookmarks that you saved on Compass so choose the best option that works for you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 8.38.40 AM.png

Subscriptions

Be notified of changes by subscribing to content. Go to the item that you want to subscribe to, click on the Options menu and then click Subscribe. You will be notified when there are any changes or additions to the subscribed item.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.11.55 PM.png

Subscribing to All Boards Within a Category

To subscribe to a category that has multiple boards within it, you will be presented with the option to subscribe to all or some of the boards. If you choose to subscribe to all boards within a category, start by opening the Options menu, click Subscribe, select All and then click Save

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.01.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.01.32 PM.png

Subscribing to Specific Boards Within a Category

If you choose to subscribe to certain boards within a category, select Partial, checkmark the boards you want to receive notifications from, and then click Save. Please note that you will not receive notifications for any of the boards that are unchecked. Both of these options are helpful for those who want to stay updated on the full or selected range of topics in a broad section.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.02.13 PM.png

Viewing All Subscriptions

To view and manage all the items that you have subscribed to, click on your avatar in the upper right hand corner and go to My subscriptions.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.12.25 PM.png

From here you can go to Notification Settings and Email Format to customize how and when you are to be notified.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.13.10 PM.png 

Users can bookmark or subscribe to almost everything in Compass, including forum posts, blogs, labels and discussion groups.

Want to learn more about labels and tags in the community? Check out the How To: Labels and Tags article.

Version history
Revision #:
14 of 14
Last update:
‎Jul 28, 2021 01:46 PM
Updated by: